Blessings to you as you read this article offering insight into understanding what the Kingdom of Darkness has sought to do to many men in deceiving them through following the faith of the Roman Catholic Church.
First, let me say that I only share this because I love all Catholics and the Pope and desire that they would come to the knowledge of the truth. The many man-made traditions and the incorporated lies of the Devil do not even constitute what should the scripture says concerning the Church of Jesus Christ. To be part of the Body of Christ means that you will not compromise what the Word of God says concerning serving God. Many of the teachings of the RCC replace the commandments of God with the teachings of men. This is not right in the sight of God.
Let me summarize by pointing to a few deceptive things that are happening in the RCC. As you will see, many of the Catholic doctrines are not found anywhere in the Bible.
- The many statues of ‘the Virgin Mary’ which have been made all over the world and are present in every Catholic Church, to which prayers are made to are a means of reaching God. This is idolatry and the breaking of the second commandment. You will not make any likeness of anything in heaven or on earth to bow down to them. To Catholics, this is acceptable but God will judge all such.
“Thou shalt have no other gods before me. Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth: Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God” -Exodus 20:3
“I am the LORD: that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images.” —Isaiah 42:8
- Prayers can be made to God through certain saints by Catholics after they have been canonized and given saint status: this is an error and is forbidden in scripture (necromancy – which is praying to the dead) and also a breach on the Word of God, for according to the scriptures, there is only one mediator between God and men: Christ Jesus. The Word of God also calls all of God’s people saints. There is no special conferring to be done on anyone, expect true faith in Jesus Christ. You also do not have to be dead to be a saint. We are saints right now if we believe in Jesus Christ.
“For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus” -1st Timothy 2:5
“Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.” John 14:6
But Ananias answered, “Lord, I have heard from many about this man, how much evil he has done to your saints at Jerusalem. Act_9:13
Now as Peter went here and there among them all, he came down also to the saints who lived at Lydda. Act_9:32
And he gave her his hand and raised her up. Then calling the saints and widows, he presented her alive. Act_9:41
- There is a place called Purgatory in which people who die as sinners go to experience certain fire in order to expiate their sins before entering heaven. This is a lie because the Word of God declares that it is appointed unto man to die once, and after that the judgment. There is no middle ground. Once dead one will either go to heaven, or to hell. If you have not repented and believed in Christ here on earth, there is no other chance to repent. Secondly, going through fires of Purgatory cannot atone for your sins. According to scripture, only the blood of Jesus can wash away our sins.
- The sacrifice of Jesus continues in the daily mass which Catholics celebrate, and that the sacrament which they take is the literal body of Christ. This is a lie because according to John 19:30, the sacrifice of Jesus is finished. When Catholics have their Mass, they believe that it is another present sacrifice of Christ, only in an ‘unbloody sacrifice’ and that His sacrifice is repeated over and over in every Mass. The belief that the Eucharist really substantiates the body and blood of Jesus together with his soul and divinity is erroneous. Making the Eucharist the ‘center of worship’ and that it should be adored instead of making Christ that center is deceptive in itself. Believing that salvation comes through this ‘sacrament of redemption’ and not through Jesus’ work on the cross is another wrong doctrine. When the Priest holds the wafer and presents it to the congregation saying ‘Behold the Lamb of God’ and conveying the message that this wafer is the real Lamb of God is yet another lie. Scripture teaches that Christ will come back the same way that he went to heaven (Acts 1:11) but to Catholics, Christ comes back every time they receive the Eucharist. This kind of communion is not biblical.
- The Rosary, used to count prayers is a means to reaching God. This is yet another lie that does not have any scriptural backing whatsoever. Catholics will use the Rosary to make 53 repetitious prayers to Mary, 6 to God the Father, and 6 to the Trinity. This is condemned by Christ Himself when He said we should not offer vain repetitions as prayers. This practice was introduced by Peter the Hermit in the year 1090 into the Roman Catholic Church and was borrowed from Hindus and Mohammedans. You may know that Muslims also have their own Rosary, and institution of their god, who is also the Queen of Heaven, a principality in the kingdom of darkness. Much can be said here… but not now.
“And when you pray, don’t be like the people who don’t know God. They say the same things again and again. They think that if they say it enough, their god will hear them. Mat 6:7
- Mary was a Perpetual Virgin. This is a lie again, because Mary had a husband, Joseph, and other children who are recorded in the Bible. The excessive honoring of Mary is unscriptural because she likewise sinned and needed a Savior. The worship of Mary and belief that she can connect anyone to heaven is unscriptural, for the Word of God declares that there is only one Mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus. (1 Tim. 2:5). Mary is not and cannot be a mediator. We see none of this mentioned in the Word of God.
Job 15:14 What is man, that he should be pure? and he that is born of a woman, that he should be righteous?
- When the Pope defines a certain dogma by his apostolic authority, that definition is infallible. The scripture teaches that the full authority has been given to Christ, not a man (Eph. 1:22, 23). As such the Pope cannot exercise this kind of authority in matters pertaining to faith. He can seek to interpret, but he cannot make such decisions in the behalf of Christ.
And he put all things under his feet and gave him as head over all things to the church, which is his body, the fullness of him who fills all in all. Eph 1:22,23
- One must be a part of the RCC in order to be saved. Outside of the RCC, there is no salvation. This is a lie because the Word of God declares that there is no salvation in any other name apart from the name of Jesus Christ (Acts 4:12). There is no provision for further claims. You cannot be any more saved by being part of a church than a bicycle can become a car by being in a garage. Salvation is by faith, not by membership in a particular church.
- One of the rightful titles Mary is given by Catholics is ‘Queen of Heaven’. This is direct worship not to the Mary of the Bible, but to a principality which Israel worshipped at one time and by so doing angered God much (Jer. 7:18, 44:19). This is a principality which I have dealt with in deliverance while praying over ex-Catholics. It always appears and claims to be Mary and to rule over all Catholics. I have encountered this arrogant principality over an over again. Once again, the Mary who receives the worship of Catholics is not the same Mary of the Bible for the real Mary is not God and therefore would not claim any such adoration. It is rather this masquerade principality which has also engineered all the visions which Catholics have seen. Did they actually see the apparitions. Yes they did. But they are sent to deceive Catholics from the kingdom of darkness. The Bible says, ‘No wonder Satan also appears as an angel of light…’ (2 Cor. 11:14).
The children gather wood, the fathers kindle fire, and the women knead dough, to make cakes for the queen of heaven. And they pour out drink offerings to other gods, to provoke me to anger. Jer 7:18
And the women said, “When we made offerings to the queen of heaven and poured out drink offerings to her, was it without our husbands’ approval that we made cakes for her bearing her image and poured out drink offerings to her?” Jer 44:19
This principality has not stopped seeking for worship.
- The RCC claims that faith is the means to salvation but contradicts and denies the same in its teaching by adding certain works necessary for salvation. These extras are: the sacraments, RCC membership, baptism, Purgatory, masses which give merit, and indulgences. The RCC teaching that their baptism is the sacrament of regeneration without which no one can enter the kingdom of God is another erroneous teaching. The scripture is clear (Romans 1:16, Ephesians 1:13, John 1:13), it is faith that earns us a place in the kingdom of God.
In him you also, when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation, and believed in him, were sealed with the promised Holy Spirit, Eph 1:13
- It is also erroneous for the RCC to teach in its doctrine that you can earn for yourself and for others all the graces that are needed to attain eternal life. The scripture is clear: if you can earn salvation through your own works, then grace would automatically become meaningless. Paul said that he does not ‘frustrate the grace of God’. Salvation is obtained through faith and not through any works or ‘indulgences’ of men. (Romans 3:24, Ephesians 2:8,9, Ps. 49,7,8).
“and are justified by his grace as a gift, through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus” Rom 3:24
- The doctrine of the Immaculate Conception that states Mary was born without any sin. That Jesus was born sinless, true, but that Mary was born sinless, totally untrue. There is no scriptural indication of anyone else being born sinless, except for Jesus Christ. All else have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God. Catholics also celebrate the Feast of Assumption in which they hold the doctrine that Mary was ‘assumpted’ to heaven bodily immediately after death and therefore ‘never saw corruption’. This is another erroneous belief without any scriptural support but meant to yet elevate the place of honor given to Mary. These two feasts are celebrated in the RCC: the Immaculate Conception, and, the Feast of Assumption as an obligation. These are additional commandments of men which God never commanded at any place in the scripture. Mary cannot pray for anyone to be saved, as is contained in many Catholic prayers, but the scripture says of Jesus alone that He ‘ever liveth to make intercession for us’ (Heb. 7:25).
Now, these are just but few of the many things that can be pointed as blatant errors and deceptive doctrines that are taught in the Roman Catholic Church. I do not share them to condemn or beat upon Roman Catholics, but I do so because I love and care for them and do desire, as the Lord does, that they may come to a knowledge of the truth (1 Tit. 2:4). It is my prayer that God opens the eyes of all those who fall under the Catholic faith and that they may turn and accept the real truth of the Word of God. Without this, they will be lost and cast out of the presence of God. This is not the will of God.
If you are born again and follow the Word of God as it is, I urge you to pray for all Roman Catholics, that God would deliver the from these propagate deceptions in the name of the Gospel. Personally, I have ministered to deliver many from spirits and demons that are connected to Catholicism, and continue to do so even now. I pray that this has opened your eyes and enlightened your mind to previously misunderstood issues concerning many Catholic doctrines. All Catholics do need to come to true salvation through Jesus Christ and also abandon all these lies and false teachings of the RC fraternity. I will speak at length on these matters later on.
Finally, do SHARE this word with all your friends, and most especially those who are Roman Catholics. Shalom and be blessed.
Apostle Paul Williams
Apostolic Revival Church